    SubjectRe: kmemleak, cpu usage jump out of nowhere
    From
    On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> wrote:

    >> * Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi> [2010-07-15 18:54]:
    >> > Interesting. Damien, does disabling CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEM fix you problem too?
    >
    >> I will test in the coming hours, and report back tomorrow... Just
    >> recompiled 2.6.35-rc5-git1 with this option disabled.
    >
    > For now, I can't reproduce the problem with CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEM disabled ;
    > with the option and rc5 the problem was happening quite quickly after
    > boot and normal use of the machine. So it seems I can confirme what Zeno
    > has seen and I hope this will give a hint to debug the problem. I guess
    > this has not been reported that much because many testers might not have
    > enabled CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEM... Maybe the scheduler folks could test their
    > benchmark with a kernel having this option enabled?

    To be honest, the bug is bit odd. It's related to boot-time memory
    allocator changes but yet it seems to manifest itself as a scheduling
    problem. So if you have some spare time and want to speed up the
    debugging process, please test v2.6.34 and v2.6.35-rc1 with
    CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEM and if former is good and latter is bad, try to see
    if you can identify the offending commit with "git bisect."

    Pekka

      Last update: 2010-07-15 21:53    [W:0.025 / U:0.096 seconds]