SubjectRe: Raise initial congestion window size / speedup slow start?
* Ed W | 2010-07-14 23:52:02 [+0100]:

>Out of curiousity, why has it taken so long for active feedback to
>appear? If every router simply added a hint to the packet as to the
>max bandwidth it can offer then we would appear to be able to make
>massively better decisions on window sizes. Furthermore routers have
>the ability to put backpressure on classes of traffic as appropriate.
>I guess the speed at which ECN has been adopted answers the question
>of why nothing more exotic has appeared?

It is quite late here so I will quickly write two sentence about ECN: one
month ago Lars Eggers posted a link at the tcpm maillinglist where google (not
really sure if it was google) analysed the employment of ECN - the usage was
really low. Search the PDF, it is quite interesting one.

Hagen

  Last update: 2010-07-15 01:03    [W:0.142 / U:0.220 seconds]