    SubjectRe: [RFC 1/3 v3] mm: iommu: An API to unify IOMMU, CPU and device memory management
    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 05:14:21 -0700
    Zach Pfeffer <> wrote:

    > > You mean that you want to specify this alignment attribute every time
    > > you create an IOMMU mapping? Then you can set segment_boundary_mask
    > > every time you create an IOMMU mapping. It's odd but it should work.
    > Kinda. I want to forget about IOMMUs, devices and CPUs. I just want to
    > create a mapping that has the alignment I specify, regardless of the
    > mapper. The mapping is created on a VCM and the VCM is associated with
    > a mapper: a CPU, an IOMMU'd device or a direct mapped device.

    Sounds like you can do the above with the combination of the current
    APIs, create a virtual address and then an I/O address.

    The above can't be a reason to add a new infrastructure includes more
    than 3,000 lines.

    > > Another possible solution is extending struct dma_attrs. We could add
    > > the alignment attribute to it.
    > That may be useful, but in the current DMA-API may be seen as
    > redundant info.

    If there is real requirement, we can extend the DMA-API.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-07-14 04:03    [W:0.019 / U:119.876 seconds]