    SubjectRe: periods and deadlines in SCHED_DEADLINE

    On Jul 10, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Raistlin wrote:

    >> As a side note, almost all global EDF hard real-time admission tests can handle tasks with constrained deadlines transparently. However, as far as I can tell, they do not apply to SCHED_DEADLINE.
    >>
    > This is the only part I am not sure I got... Can you explain me what do
    > you mena by "they do not apply" ?

    I was under the impression that the kernel implementation is a P-EDF implementation. Now it seems to me that it is in fact a "P-EDF with frequent migrations" implementation. I'd be hesitant to just assume that it "approximates G-EDF" sufficiently well to apply any of the published G-EDF tests.

    - Björn

    ---
    Björn B. Brandenburg
    Ph.D. Student