SubjectRe: [linux-pm] suspend blockers & Android integration

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, david@lang.hm wrote:

> having suspend blockers inside the kernel adds significant complexity, it's
> worth it only if the complexity buys you enough. In this case the question is
> if the suspend blockers would extend the sleep time enough more to matter. As
> per my other e-mail, this is an area with rapidly diminishing returns as the
> sleep times get longer.

Well, the counter-argument that nobody seems to have brought up is that
suspend blockers exist, are real code, and end up being shipped in a lot
of machines.

That's a _big_ argument in favour of them. Certainly much bigger than
arguing against them based on some complexity-arguments for an alternative
that hasn't seen any testing at all.

IOW, I would seriously hope that this discussion was more about real code
that _exists_ and does what people need. It seems to have degenerated into
something else.

Because in the end, "code talks, bullshit walks". People can complain and
suggest alternatives all they want, but you can't just argue. At some
point you need to show the code that actually solves the problem.

Linus