    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] suspend blockers & Android integration
    On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 12:00:47PM +0200, Vitaly Wool wrote:

    > Sure, but my point was, some non-trivial (still kind of natural for a
    > smartphone) activities with the device will prevent it from suspending
    > for quite some time. Even worse, the suspend wakelock will keep the
    > whole kernel active, as opposed to powering off unused devices
    > separately as it's done in runtime PM. Yep, I know about the "early
    > suspend" type of thing; yet it's excess, not mainlined and lacks
    > granularity.

    Holding a suspend blocker is entirely orthogonal to runtime pm. The
    "whole kernel" will not be "active" - it can continue to hit the same
    low power state in the idle loop, and any runtime pm implementation in
    the drivers will continue to be active.

    --
    Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

      Last update: 2010-06-06 15:35    [W:4.875 / U:0.640 seconds]