    SubjectRe: suspend blockers & Android integration
    From
    On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org> wrote:

    >> We clearly have different standards for what we consider good. We
    >> measure time suspended in minutes or hours, not seconds, and waking up
    >> every second or two causes a noticeable decrease in battery life on
    >> the hardware we have today.
    >
    > I guess I'm spoiled working with (unreleased) hardware that knows how
    > to power gate ;-)

    I'm continually surprised by answers like this. We run on hardware
    that power gates very aggressively and draws in the neighborhood of
    1-2mA at the battery when in the lowest state (3-5mA while the radio
    is connected to the network and paging). Waking up out of that lowest
    state and executing code every few seconds or (worse) several times a
    second) will raise your average power consumption. Being able to stay
    parked at the very bottom for minutes or hours at a time when nothing
    "interesting" is happening is very useful and can have a significant
    impact on overall battery life.

    Brian

      Last update: 2010-06-06 00:29    [W:0.023 / U:119.500 seconds]