SubjectRe: suspend blockers & Android integration

* Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 11:43 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> > I still believe containment is a cgroup problem. The freeze/snapshot/resume
> > container folks seem to face many of the same problems. Including the
> > pending timer one I suspect. Lets solve it there.
>
> While talking to Thomas about this, we'd probably need a CLOCK_MONOTONIC
> namespace to pull this off, so that resumed apps don't see the jump in
> absolute time.
>
> This would also help with locating the relevant timers, since they'd be on
> the related timer base.

Ok - this looks workable, and looks technically isolated that can be pursued
as a separate module of this whole topic.

> The only 'interesting' issue I can see here is that if you create 1000
> CLOCK_MONOTONIC namepaces, we'd need to have a tree of trees in order to
> efficiently find the leftmost timer.

Realistically Android userspace would create just a single such namespace for
all the untrusted/unknown/uncontrolled apps, right?

Ingo

  Last update: 2010-06-04 12:07    [W:0.149 / U:0.416 seconds]