SubjectRe: ARM defconfig files

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Russell King wrote:

> I already covered that in my (ignored) email where I brought up a
> "STD_CONFIG" config symbol, which could be disabled to turn off all
> these additional "select"s.

I apparently haven't explained myself enough, because what you keep on
harping on is not something I consider acceptable.

STD_CONFIG is pointless. It's pointless because the solution to what
you call STD_CONFIG would be to just NOT USING the special Kconfig.xyz
file at all.

So when I suggest special Kconfig files, they are meant to just generate
the templates - ie they'd _generate_ what is currently the defconfig
files. You wouldn't _have_ to use them at all.

If you _had_ to use them, you'd lose the flexibility of Kconfig and asking
questions.

Linus

  Last update: 2010-06-03 22:17    [W:0.115 / U:1.656 seconds]