SubjectRe: ata link not reset properly
On 06/25/2010 12:00 PM, Ortwin Glück wrote:
> On 25.06.2010 17:19, Tejun Heo wrote:
>> Patch attached, but please see below.
> Cheers, I will give it a try and provide feedback if "it" happens again.
>> Is it PATA?
> Yes. This chipset doesn't have SATA, only PATA.

Ahh, ok, it's not sata_nv at all then, it's pata_amd. On the same chip,
totally different controller though.

PATA doesn't normally use hard-resets as a means of error recovery -
that would mean hitting the RESET line, which I don't think most
controllers can do on software command (it usually only gets asserted on
power up or hitting the reset button), unlike on SATA where there's a
defined way to trigger a COMRESET which is mostly equivalent. Also, that
resets both devices on the channel, unlike soft reset which is specific
to one device.