SubjectRE: Btrfs: broken file system design (was Unbound(?) internal fragmentation in Btrfs)

As long as no object smaller than the disk block size is ever
flushed to media, and all flushed objects are aligned to the disk
blocks, there should be no real performance hit from that.

Otherwise we end up with the damage for the ext[234] family, where
the file blocks can be aligned, but the 1K inode updates cause
the read-modify-write (RMW) cycles and and cost >10% performance
hit for creation/update of large numbers of files.

An RMW cycle costs at least a full rotation (11 msec on a 5400 RPM
drive), which is painful.