SubjectRe: PROBLEM: SIS7019 stops recording after 42 min
2010/6/23 David Dillow <dave@thedillows.org>:

> I can reproduce the alternating pattern of periods using a different
> device, so this may be something in the core code of ALSA.

Strange? The program I am actually using is one I have written myself.
I was sure I was using the old method as I open(2). In my program I
use
int fd = open("/dev/dsp", O_RDWR);

This should not go through ALSA (I think). I gues one should use
something with "snd_pcm_open()" to use ALSA.

> Since this problem is not related to the SiS7019 driver, I'll leave it
> to later -- or for others to investigate. Using three periods per buffer
> sees a similar pattern, but one has an extra period time to work
> within.

I really don't understand why I do not see this problem on other
hardware using the same compiled code.

If the problem is ALSA, how can I then turn it off?

Thanks for your investigation.

regards/hans

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans