    SubjectRe: [rfc] Describe events in a structured way via sysfs
    On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 15:39 +0800, Johannes Berg wrote:

    > > > Doesn't net/wlan0...wlanN mean multiple network interfaces on the same
    > > > hardware?
    > >
    > > Yes, but the trace points aren't per network interface but rather per
    > > hardware piece.
    >
    > Which really just means that whoever writes the tracepoint needs to
    > provide a struct device for where to put it (at least in the case of
    > driver tracepoints), and then ideally some description of the device
    > also gets put into the ringbuffer.

    I'm not familiar with tracepoint code. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Do you mean that, for example, if iwlwifi_dev_ioread32 event is traced,
    then the "device" info will get put into the ftrace ringbuffer?

    > Assuming you actually want to have the event show up in sysfs twice if
    > it has multiple producers? I'd like that, it would make sense for a lot
    > of cases since you might only care about one of the producers.

    Yes, each producers has a "events" sysfs dir.

    > johannes

      Last update: 2010-06-22 10:09    [W:3.882 / U:0.240 seconds]