    SubjectRE: Add a helper function in PCI IOV to get VF device

    Frank, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. All of the information you need is already in sysfs. Given the PF device, you can look at /sys/class/net/ethX/device/virtfnX to get the bus/device/function of each of the VF devices.

    If the VF driver is loaded in your kernel, then given the bus/device/function of the vf device, you can look at /sys/class/net/ethX/device/virtfnX/net to see which interface corresponds to that VF.

    Furthermore, if the VF driver is loaded, you can find the PF device by looking at /sys/class/net/ethX/device/physfn, and you can find out which interface it is by looking at /sys/class/net/ethX/device/physfn/net

    So it's all there. You don't need anything else.

    The current PF drivers (both ixgbe and igb) do not directly manipulate sysfs at all, so there is no /sys/class/net/ethX/vfX. If you see this setup, you are using a very, very old version of the igb driver, which is not supported at all. Please upgrade to a recent kernel/driver combination.

    -Mitch

    >Thanks for reply.
    >
    >--
    >Frank Pan
    >
    >Computer Science and Technology
    >Tsinghua University

      Last update: 2010-06-02 21:01    [W:0.024 / U:63.792 seconds]