SubjectRe: Overview of concurrency managed workqueue
> Well, in general, queueing to execution latency should be fairly low
> especially if it's put at the front of the queue but well it's nothing
> with any kind of guarantee.

This is not a hard real time situation with a hard deadline,
just "ASAP"

> I'm currently writing a kthread wrapper which basically provides
> similar interface to wq but guarantees binding to a specific thread
> which can be RT of course. If single threadedness is acceptable, I
> think this would render better behavior. What do you think?

I think I would prefer simply high priority, but normal work item.

Otherwise we have the thread hanging around all the time
and on a large system it's still only a single one, so
it'll never scale.

-Andi

  Last update: 2010-06-19 11:17    [W:0.223 / U:0.220 seconds]