SubjectRe: [RFC 1/3] Unified NMI delayed call mechanism
From
On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> The proper, generic approach would be to enable softirq notifications (on x86)
> from NMI contexts as well (it's actually possible without overhead),

Yes. I will do that. And I think self interrupt can be used as the
short-cut for soft_irq if available. The next soft_irq may be too late
if there is too few interrupts.

> and to
> extend user return notifiers with the logical next step: nmi return notifiers.
> If presented in such a form then those could use softirqs for atomic callbacks
> and per cpu kthreads for sleepable callbacks, etc.

NMI return notifiers fired in soft_irq?

Best Regards,
Huang Ying

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans