SubjectRe: fiemap is broken for sparse file in ext4?
Greg Freemyer wrote:

>>> I just wrote a simple test program by calling ioctl. It is attached.
>>> btw, you need to call it immediately after dd so that we have a chance
>>> that ext4 don't have time to allocate extents. ;)
>> OK I take it back, I do see it. *cough* too many different filesystems
>> on this box ... ;)
>>
>> Yes, it does look like a bug.
>>
>> -Eric
>
> I'm not clear how this is supposed to work.
>
> Is this just a userspace bug in that FIEMAP_FLAG_SYNC is needed in the
> fiemap call, or is there a kernel bug as well?

The flag is optional, though maybe filefrag should use it.

Without it, we should get the proper logical offset and a delalloc-flagged
extent returned

> If fiemap is called with the FIEMAP_FLAG_SYNC flag is there currently a problem?

yep, we should get one delalloc extent in the results and we don't.

-Eric

> Thanks
> Greg

  Last update: 2010-06-11 18:59    [W:0.039 / U:0.288 seconds]