    SubjectRe: Aerospace and linux
    On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Chris Friesen wrote:
    > On 06/10/2010 11:29 AM, Brian Gordon wrote:
    > > When these SEU can be detected some action may be taken to improve
    > > the behaviour of the system (log a fault and reset in order to
    > > refresh things from scratch?). So the first question becomes how to
    > > detect an SEU.
    >
    > I do work in telco stuff. We use ECC RAM, turn on ECC/parity on the
    > various buses, enable error-checking in the hardware, etc.

    Let's not forget that the hardware better have unassisted scrubbing
    (rewrite cells where an CE is detected), because we don't scrub when
    we are notified of a CE.

    Background scrubbing might also be something to look for (run over all
    RAM over a large period of time, to catch dormant CEs and fix them
    before they become UEs).

    Henrique Holschuh

      Last update: 2010-06-11 16:39    [W:6.878 / U:0.068 seconds]