SubjectRe: Article in Phoronix about loss of performance in 2.6.35 release candidates

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

> Is lacking pretty much all essential pieces of information which are
> required for reverts:
>
> - it has no description about who reported the bug.

In fact it was _bisected_ by Eric Paris, so a Bisected-by tag is a must.

Eric is a nice guy and i'm sure wont complain about this, but i can tell it
with a 100% certainty that to most testers and developers bisecting bugs is a
tiresome and error-prone process that involves quite a bit of work.

Bisecting a bug is often more work to do than the work which went into the
original commit and the revert, combined.

So if we want more people to test our commits then the least we can do is to
credit testers by making proper use of the Reported-by and Bisected-by tags.

Ingo

  Last update: 2010-06-01 08:29    [W:0.041 / U:0.120 seconds]