    SubjectRe: Article in Phoronix about loss of performance in 2.6.35 release candidates
    On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Alex Buell <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 17:39 -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
    >> On 05/31/2010 05:19 PM, Alex Buell wrote:
    >> >

    >> > Question: Why?
    >> Good question.. I guess it would too much to ask of them to try to
    >> figure out what area the problem lies in (even to the point of figuring
    >> out if it's a CPU or IO-bound problem), or try to bisect, or at least
    >> report it to LKML before going to the trouble of creating 5 pages of
    >> graphs.. Given the 20x slowdown in some of the benchmarks you'd think it
    >> wouldn't be too hard to narrow down.
    > What I really don't get is why they didn't talk to people on
    > linux-kernel before posting those claims on phoronix. :S

    Well thats kinda obvious, its "journalism" in the days of google
    adwords. They make revenue by making people click on their website,
    they don't make money being useful or interacting with others.
    Phoronix in all the years I've been dealing with them as the only
    place doing any reporting on graphics, have never once confirmed a
    source, asked for information directly or anything you'd expect from
    real journalists, again because that doesn't drive page hits, whereas
    sensationalist useless headlines are the main point of the site.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-06-01 02:55    [W:0.038 / U:5.564 seconds]