    SubjectRe: Wrong DIF guard tag on ext2 write
    On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:20:44AM -0400, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
    > Christof> Since the guard tags are created in Linux, it seems that the
    > Christof> data attached to the write request changes between the
    > Christof> generation in bio_integrity_generate and the call to
    > Christof> sd_prep_fn.
    > Yep, known bug. Page writeback locking is messed up for buffer_head
    > users. The extNfs folks volunteered to look into this a while back but
    > I don't think they have found the time yet.

    Thanks for the info. This means that this bug appears with all

    > Christof> Using ext3 or ext4 instead of ext2 does not show the problem.
    > Last I looked there were still code paths in ext3 and ext4 that
    > permitted pages to be changed during flight. I guess you've just been
    > lucky.

    ext3 looks good so far. I see the problem also with ext4, so i spoke
    too early on that one. I will start a longer testrun with ext3 to see
    if and when the problem appears with ext3 in my setup.

    Christof Schmitt

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-05-31 16:49    [W:0.021 / U:14.052 seconds]