SubjectRe: Wrong DIF guard tag on ext2 write
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:20:44AM -0400, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> Christof> Since the guard tags are created in Linux, it seems that the
> Christof> data attached to the write request changes between the
> Christof> generation in bio_integrity_generate and the call to
> Christof> sd_prep_fn.
>
> Yep, known bug. Page writeback locking is messed up for buffer_head
> users. The extNfs folks volunteered to look into this a while back but
> I don't think they have found the time yet.

Thanks for the info. This means that this bug appears with all
filesystems?

> Christof> Using ext3 or ext4 instead of ext2 does not show the problem.
>
> Last I looked there were still code paths in ext3 and ext4 that
> permitted pages to be changed during flight. I guess you've just been
> lucky.

ext3 looks good so far. I see the problem also with ext4, so i spoke
too early on that one. I will start a longer testrun with ext3 to see
if and when the problem appears with ext3 in my setup.

--
Christof Schmitt