SubjectRe: Wrong DIF guard tag on ext2 write

Christof> Since the guard tags are created in Linux, it seems that the
Christof> data attached to the write request changes between the
Christof> generation in bio_integrity_generate and the call to
Christof> sd_prep_fn.

Yep, known bug. Page writeback locking is messed up for buffer_head
users. The extNfs folks volunteered to look into this a while back but
I don't think they have found the time yet.

Christof> Using ext3 or ext4 instead of ext2 does not show the problem.

Last I looked there were still code paths in ext3 and ext4 that
permitted pages to be changed during flight. I guess you've just been

Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering