    SubjectRe: Wrong DIF guard tag on ext2 write

    Christof> Since the guard tags are created in Linux, it seems that the
    Christof> data attached to the write request changes between the
    Christof> generation in bio_integrity_generate and the call to
    Christof> sd_prep_fn.

    Yep, known bug. Page writeback locking is messed up for buffer_head
    users. The extNfs folks volunteered to look into this a while back but
    I don't think they have found the time yet.

    Christof> Using ext3 or ext4 instead of ext2 does not show the problem.

    Last I looked there were still code paths in ext3 and ext4 that
    permitted pages to be changed during flight. I guess you've just been
    lucky.

    --
    Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering

      Last update: 2010-05-31 16:25    [W:0.037 / U:3.944 seconds]