    SubjectRe: s2ram slow (radeon) / failing (usb)
    On Mon, 3 May 2010, Bruno [UTF-8] Prémont wrote:

    > > > Am I missing something?
    > > >
    > > > I've enabled CONFIG_USB_DEBUG but don't see any additional module
    > > > parameter nor anything extra to toggle and I don't get more output
    > > > than without it.
    > >
    > > Depends what you mean by "output". The kernel generates more log
    > > messages, but they may not get sent to your console. You need to
    > > make sure the console's log level is set high enough to see debugging
    > > messages. For example:
    > >
    > > echo 9 >/proc/sys/kernel/printk
    > >
    > > or type Alt-SysRq-9.
    >
    > I've been doing `dmesg -n 8` (9 is rejected as invalid) so it should
    > send out everything.

    Yes, that's equivalent to the other things.

    > It looked like there was some more output during boot-up, but nothing
    > during suspend, at least up to the freezing point.

    Did you boot with "no_console_suspend"? Are you using a VT console
    instead of X (a serial console may or may not work as well)?

    You might also want to #define VERBOSE_DEBUG at the start of
    drivers/usb/core/driver.c, before the first #include.

    Alan Stern