    SubjectRe: [RFC] oom-kill: give the dying task a higher priority
    * MinChan Kim <> [2010-05-28 23:06:23]:

    > > I confess I failed to distinguish memcg OOM and system OOM and used "in
    > > case of OOM kill the selected task the faster you can" as the guideline.
    > > If the exit code path is short that shouldn't be a problem.
    > >
    > > Maybe the right way to go would be giving the dying task the biggest
    > > priority inside that memcg to be sure that it will be the next process from
    > > that memcg to be scheduled. Would that be reasonable?
    > Hmm. I can't understand your point.
    > What do you mean failing distinguish memcg and system OOM?
    > We already have been distinguish it by mem_cgroup_out_of_memory.
    > (but we have to enable CONFIG_CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR).
    > So task selected in select_bad_process is one out of memcg's tasks when
    > memcg have a memory pressure.

    We have a routine to help figure out if the task belongs to the memory
    cgroup that cause the OOM. The OOM entry from memory cgroup is
    different from a regular one.

    Three Cheers,

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-05-28 16:23    [W:0.020 / U:17.752 seconds]