    SubjectRe: [GIT] HID
    On Thu, 20 May 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > Well, I look at something like "hid-ortec.c", and it has basically a few
    > lines of code, much of it __init, and I say "ok, that makes sense to not
    > even ask about".
    > So I can see your argument. That said, I've never even _heard_ of ortek.
    > Maybe it's some common chip and I use it every day. But even for something
    > that small, I'd wonder how common they really are.
    > So that kensington driver is a good example of something where I do think
    > it makes sense to make it default. It's small, and kensington is a big
    > name.
    > But when the driver is several hundred lines, and the text size is
    > probably in the kilobytes (I didn't compile that new driver, but even the
    > trivial ones are a few hundred bytes) _and_ the driver is for something
    > I've never even heard about, then I really think it shouldn't be enabled
    > without asking.

    So I see that you haven't pulled. I have therefore updated the 'for-linus'
    branch with one extra commit, which removes the EMBEDDED crap for most of
    the drivers, and preserves it only for those which

    - we historically used to support by the core code before the quirk
    - the ones that are likely to hit many users while not growing the text
    size significantly (Microsoft, Logitech, Genius)

    Updated pull request below. Thanks.

    Please pull from 'for-linus' branch at

    git:// for-linus

    to receive the following updates:

    Alan Ott (1):
    HID: hidraw: Use Interrupt Endpoint for OUT Transfers if Available

    Alan Stern (1):
    HID: usbhid: enable remote wakeup for keyboards

    Antonio Ospite (1):
    HID: hidraw: fix indentation

    Bastien Nocera (2):
    HID: add support for the Wacom Intuos 4 wireless

    Bruno Prémont (12):
    HID: register debugfs entries before adding device
    HID: new driver for PicoLCD device
    HID: add framebuffer support to PicoLCD device
    HID: add backlight support to PicoLCD device
    HID: add lcd support to PicoLCD device
    HID: add GPO (leds) support to PicoLCD device
    HID: add experimental access to PicoLCD device's EEPROM and FLASH
    HID: hid-picolcd depends on LCD_CLASS_DEVICE
    HID: fix picolcd's version parsing
    HID: add suspend/resume hooks for hid drivers
    HID: split picolcd's operation_mode sysfs attribute
    HID: add PM support to PicoLCD device

    Don Prince (4):
    HID: Prodikeys PC-MIDI HID Driver
    HID: Zydacron Remote Control driver
    HID: hid-samsung: add support for Creative Desktop Wireless 6000
    HID: hid-samsung: remove redundant key mappings

    Jiri Kosina (14):
    HID: output event in debugfs even if hid_get_report() fails
    HID: simplify error handling in hid_input_report()
    HID: fixup Kconfig entry for Roccat Kone
    HID: remove BKL from hidraw
    HID: remove excessive _EMERG messages from hidraw
    HID: update BKL comment in hiddev
    HID: picolcd: fix build failure
    HID: egalax: update slab.h include
    HID: fix support for Wacom Intuos 4 wireless
    HID: fix build failure
    HID: make Prodikeys driver standalone config option
    HID: magicmouse: fix input registration
    HID: add omitted hid-zydacron.c file
    HID: fix up 'EMBEDDED' mess in Kconfig

    Julia Lawall (2):
    HID: Use kmemdup
    HID: picolcd: Eliminate use after free

    Lorenzo Castelli (1):
    HID: add mappings for a few keys found on Logitech MX3200

    Pete Zaitcev (1):
    HID: non-overlapping zeroing of extra bits

    Peter Hutterer (1):
    HID: add multi-input quirk for eGalax Touchcontroller

    Przemo Firszt (4):
    HID: expose wacom pen tablet battery through power_supply class
    HID: separate mode switching function for wacom bluetooth driver
    HID: add sysfs speed attribute for wacom bluetooth tablet
    HID: wacom: add ABI doc entry for speed attribute

    Rafi Rubin (3):
    HID: ntrig: add sensitivity and responsiveness support
    HID: ntrig: add sysfs access to filter parameters
    HID: ntrig: add filtering module parameters

    Stefan Achatz (5):
    HID: add driver for Roccat Kone gaming mouse
    HID: roccat: Correctly mark init and exit functions
    HID: roccat: fix special button support
    HID: roccat: refactor special event handling
    HID: roccat: cleanup preprocessor macros

    Stephane Chatty (5):
    HID: add support for the eGalax dual-touch panel
    HID: add support for 3M multitouch 22" display
    HID: added support for the Cando dual touch panel
    HID: fixed missing inits in hid-cando.c
    HID: Support for the 11.6" Cando panel

    Tejun Heo (1):
    HID: update gfp/slab.h includes

    Wayne Thomas (1):
    HID: add support for BTC Emprex 3009URF III Vista MCE Remote

    Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-hid-picolcd | 43 +
    .../ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-hid-prodikeys | 29 +
    .../ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-hid-roccat-kone | 111 +
    Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-wacom | 10 +
    drivers/hid/Kconfig | 151 +-
    drivers/hid/Makefile | 6 +
    drivers/hid/hid-3m-pct.c | 31 +-
    drivers/hid/hid-cando.c | 272 ++
    drivers/hid/hid-core.c | 53 +-
    drivers/hid/hid-egalax.c | 281 +++
    drivers/hid/hid-ids.h | 25 +
    drivers/hid/hid-lg.c | 9 +
    drivers/hid/hid-magicmouse.c | 5 +-
    drivers/hid/hid-ntrig.c | 526 ++++-
    drivers/hid/hid-picolcd.c | 2631 ++++++++++++++++++++
    drivers/hid/hid-prodikeys.c | 910 +++++++
    drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c | 994 ++++++++
    drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.h | 224 ++
    drivers/hid/hid-samsung.c | 95 +-
    drivers/hid/hid-topseed.c | 38 +-
    drivers/hid/hid-wacom.c | 229 ++-
    drivers/hid/hid-zydacron.c | 237 ++
    drivers/hid/hidraw.c | 50 +-
    drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c | 73 +-
    drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c | 1 +
    drivers/hid/usbhid/hiddev.c | 19 +-
    drivers/hid/usbhid/usbkbd.c | 1 +
    include/linux/hid.h | 10 +
    create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-hid-picolcd
    create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-hid-prodikeys
    create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-hid-roccat-kone
    create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-wacom
    create mode 100644 drivers/hid/hid-cando.c
    create mode 100644 drivers/hid/hid-egalax.c
    create mode 100644 drivers/hid/hid-picolcd.c
    create mode 100644 drivers/hid/hid-prodikeys.c
    create mode 100644 drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c
    create mode 100644 drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.h
    create mode 100644 drivers/hid/hid-zydacron.c

    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2010-05-21 13:29    [W:0.030 / U:23.088 seconds]