SubjectRe: [GIT] HID

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> This is just unbelievable SH*T:
>
> config HID_ZYDACRON
> tristate "Zydacron remote control support" if EMBEDDED
> depends on USB_HID
> default !EMBEDDED
> ---help---
> Support for Zydacron remote control.

Oh, and I notice that I shouldn't blame Don - this kind of crap is
apparently de rigeur in the HID layer. I only noticed because this time it
was a clearly very specialized driver and I started wondering what that
odd name was.

Guys, I can understand it if it's some kind of big-name "exists
everywhere" thing. Doing it for big vendors like Logitech devices may make
sense. But don't do it for random specialized hardware. At least ask the
user "Do you want to support all the HID crap in the universe" to allow
people to say Yes/No once (instead of for every single crazy device).

Linus

  Last update: 2010-05-20 18:31    [W:0.135 / U:0.020 seconds]