    SubjectRe: Logitech Headset
    On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Kevin McKinney <> wrote:
    >> As I noted, I do not think there is a driver required, but I am also
    >> not sure how the device exports its capabilities for microphone/audio
    >> to the OS.
    > Point well taken.. I can still use this for my final project;

    How so? To describe how you didn't need a driver and how the
    technology works in the background? You mean reverse engineering the
    protocol ?

    > unless you
    > know of another device that requires a driver  :) ???

    Yes, take a look at the staging area of the Linux kernel and port one
    of those puppies over to proper after checking with the devel driver
    list to see if someone is already not doing it. The nice thing with
    this is you don't have to fight with a vendor already to get some code
    out, the could would already be available to you and the code is in a
    tree. All you'd have to do is fix it up for proper.

    >> I was using an
    >> older version of the kernel at that time
    >> (2.6.27)
    >> That is dirt fucking old.
    > LOL - I know, I will start using the most recent kernel.

    No problem. Just noticed the headset looked similar to what I bought
    so figured I'd chime in.

      Last update: 2010-05-19 19:15    [W:0.021 / U:43.552 seconds]