    Subject[ANNOUNCE] GSoC project: Improving kconfig using a SAT solver
    From
    Hi,

    I just wanted to say that I've been accepted into this year's Google
    Summer of Code program and will spend this summer working on improving
    the kconfig system in a very particular direction: I want to integrate
    a proper boolean constraint satisfiability solver into the
    configuration editors (menuconfig, etc.) in order to allow
    partial/incomplete configuration specifications. In short, this means
    that the user can choose to not specify a particular value for some
    config options, but let the system deduce their values. This will
    hopefully improve usability and also solve the select problem once and
    for all.

    A slightly shortened version of the project proposal that was accepted
    can be found here:

    http://userweb.kernel.org/~vegard/gsoc2010/proposal-short.html

    In case anybody would like to track my progress throughout the summer,
    I have set up my public project repositories at:

    http://github.com/vegard/dpll
    http://github.com/vegard/linux-2.6-kconfig-sat

    I am also planning to post some updates to LKML as milestones are
    completed. (Please let me know if you would like to be added to or
    removed from the Cc list.) The official end date is August 16, by
    which time I hope to have submitted my work for mainline inclusion.

    Feedback is appreciated -- I am also prepared to respond to
    constructive criticism.

    Lastly, I would like to thank Google for sponsoring me, and to thank
    Portland State University and my mentor Bart Massey for believing in
    this idea and project.

    Vegard

      Last update: 2010-05-17 14:05    [W:0.040 / U:2.800 seconds]