    SubjectRe: [git pull] Input updates for 2.6.34-rc6
    On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 07:35 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 May 2010, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > >
    > > Bastien Nocera (1):
    > > Input: i8042 - do not try to probe ports on Intel Apple Macs
    >
    > I pulled, but I skipped the last commit, because I think this one is
    > fundamentally _wrong_.
    >
    > It is _not_ maintainable to create random tables of exceptions ("DMI
    > tables"), and it's actively _wrong_ to do for something like this where we
    > not only have historically worked perfectly well, and this apparently
    > tries to hide some other bug (the commit says "could potentially lock
    > up/hang/wait for timeout for long periods of time").
    <snip>
    > So if somebody saw "could potentially lock up/hang/wait" issues, then
    > dangit, say what those issues are, AND LET'S FIX THEM! And not like this,
    > trying to hide them for some particular machines, rather than fixing the
    > actual underlying detection bug.

    I'm waiting for your debug instructions on that one, because we already
    looked at that with Dmitry.

    I already got that patch in my distribution, and now my machine boots up
    uninterrupted. The lock is somewhat random, and will go away as soon as
    I press the power button on my machine.

    Maybe you didn't update to the latest firmwares on you Mac Mini, and
    didn't see the problem with the updated BIOSes, I don't know.

      Last update: 2010-05-13 16:51    [W:4.049 / U:0.312 seconds]