    SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] USB transfer_buffer allocations on 64bit systems
    From
    On 11 May 2010 18:38, Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de> wrote:
    > On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 06:32:50PM +0100, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
    >> On 11 May 2010 18:10, Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de> wrote:
    >> > No surprise here. The 4 channels are mux'ed in an interleaved fashion,
    >> > so if the buffers contain rubbish, you will hear artefacts on all
    >> > channels.
    >>
    >> So what would be the testcase you would like me to try?
    >
    > Would be good to see what happens if you could record audio (with
    > arecord would be sufficient), just to see whether the same problem
    > exists in the other direction.
    >
    > Either record an externally generated sine tone and open the resulting
    > wave file in an editor. With the amount of artefacts you describe, they
    > should easily be visible.

    Ok let me see if I got this straight:

    I should record some sound with the audio card and see if it impacts
    the recording? May take me a few days, I need to get a microphone or
    something like that borrowed.

    > Another option is to play back any kind of recorded audio thru an audio
    > device that does not show the problem (some internal, onboard device?).

    What do you mean by this? I didn't get it. I usually use my onboard
    intel HDA for listening to music and have no problems.

    > Thanks,
    > Daniel

    Pedro

      Last update: 2010-05-13 01:53    [W:0.021 / U:1.092 seconds]