    SubjectRe: [RFC] Second OLPC Viafb series, v2
    On Sat, 01 May 2010 23:28:55 +0200
    Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@gmx.de> wrote:

    > The only information I can supply so far is that it happened already
    > while unregistering the first platform. The registration of it seemed to
    > be successful. I did not yet dig deep enough into the subsystem to find
    > the bug. Any ideas?

    Yes, I think I know what's going on. Platform devices call kfree() on
    platform_data at release time. That's a little aspect of the API that
    I had overlooked... suffice to say, I'd not set platform_data to
    something that kfree() was expecting to see.

    Best solution, probably, is to just set it to NULL prior to
    unregistering the device. Will do something along those lines shortly.

    Thanks,

    jon

      Last update: 2010-05-02 01:01    [W:0.018 / U:93.404 seconds]