SubjectRe: USB gadget with drivers "on board"

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:46:12 +0200, Michał Nazarewicz <m.nazarewicz@samsung.com> wrote:
> Also, I think that it might be a good idea to make some "standardised"
> mechanism for all such devices so that a generic udev code could be
> written. Adding things to the descriptors may be difficult in a way,
> but maybe adding "[NoCD]" to the interface name would be enough.

It got me thinking that maybe, it would be cool to do things in a generic
way in Linux by using the iConfiguration. A, let's call it' NoCD-capable
device would have the first configuration named "Foo Installation Disc
[NoCD]" end while enumerating Linux would prefer configurations which
don't have the tag over the ones that have it. At the same time, for
older kernels an udev rule would be provided. And of course, non
NoCD-capable devices (or Linux-unaware if you will) devices would be
handled the way they are handled now.

--
Best regards, _ _
+----[mina86*mina86.com]---[mina86*jabber.org]----ooO--(_)--Ooo--