SubjectRe: USB gadget with drivers "on board"

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:41:09 +0200, Josua Dietze <digidietze@draisberghof.de> wrote:
> That is up to the (countless) manufacturers of course; on the
> other hand, the Windows drivers need to recognize the mode as
> well so there should always be one way or the other to
> accomplish that.

Windows most likely recognises the device by vendor and product ID after the
drivers are installed. On Linux you add a rule to udev (if I understand
correctly) which is a bit of a burden because (i) it takes time and (ii) the
list must be updated. What I'm thinking is creating a generic way of marking
"install mode" devices so that no such list is necessary. Of course, it'll
take time for vendors to recognise this scheme but maybe over time some major
players will.

--
Best regards, _ _
+----[mina86*mina86.com]---[mina86*jabber.org]----ooO--(_)--Ooo--