SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.33.3
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:58:03 +0200, Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:

> I'm announcing the release of the 2.6.33.3 kernel.
>
> All users of the 2.6.33 kernel series should upgrade.
>
> Many thanks to maximilian attems for all of his work in submitting
> patches for this release, it is much appreciated.
>
> The updated 2.6.33.y git tree can be found at:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.33.y.git
> and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.33.y.git;a=summary
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h
>
> ------------
>
> Documentation/i2c/busses/i2c-i801 | 3
> Makefile | 2
> arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.S | 2
> arch/ia64/kvm/kvm-ia64.c | 9
> arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c | 5
> arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/offline_states.h | 22 ++
> arch/s390/mm/vmem.c | 11 -
> arch/sh/include/asm/elf.h | 6
> arch/sh/kernel/smp.c | 1
> arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace_32.c | 4
> arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace_64.c | 4
> arch/um/sys-x86_64/Makefile | 3
> arch/x86/Kconfig.cpu | 2
> arch/x86/include/asm/rwsem.h | 81 ++++---
> arch/x86/include/asm/smp.h | 9
> arch/x86/kernel/amd_iommu.c | 6
> arch/x86/kernel/amd_iommu_init.c | 5
> arch/x86/kernel/aperture_64.c | 15 +
> arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c | 2
> arch/x86/kernel/cpu/intel_cacheinfo.c | 250
> ++++++++++++++----------
> arch/x86/kernel/cpu/perf_event.c | 104 +++++++++
> arch/x86/kernel/crash.c | 6
> arch/x86/kernel/hpet.c | 8
> arch/x86/kernel/kgdb.c | 2
> arch/x86/kernel/mpparse.c | 4
> arch/x86/kernel/pci-gart_64.c | 3
> arch/x86/kvm/mmu.c | 11 -
> arch/x86/kvm/svm.c | 25 +-
> arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c | 37 ++-
> arch/x86/kvm/x86.c | 45 +---
> arch/x86/lib/Makefile | 3
> arch/x86/lib/cache-smp.c | 19 +
> arch/x86/lib/rwsem_64.S | 81 +++++++
> arch/x86/pci/irq.c | 2
> arch/x86/power/hibernate_asm_32.S | 15 -
> drivers/acpi/acpica/exprep.c | 17 +
> drivers/acpi/ec.c | 35 ---
> drivers/ata/ahci.c | 6
> drivers/ata/ata_piix.c | 8
> drivers/ata/libata-core.c | 3
> drivers/ata/pata_via.c | 1
> drivers/char/agp/intel-agp.c | 15 -
> drivers/char/raw.c | 1
> drivers/char/tty_io.c | 2
> drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper.c | 1
> drivers/gpu/drm/drm_edid.c | 11 -
> drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fops.c | 16 -
> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_lvds.c | 8
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/atom.c | 10
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r300.c | 5
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_combios.c | 20 +
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_connectors.c | 7
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_cp.c | 10
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_cs.c | 15 -
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_device.c | 8
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_encoders.c | 8
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_legacy_tv.c | 29 ++
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/rs600.c | 2
> drivers/hid/hid-gyration.c | 5
> [...]

Congratulations. I experienced one minor issue when compiling it, and that
was that update-initramfs didn't not work, when specifying a local
version, leading it to a non-boot on my minimal Lucid install.
However, glxgears performance is now on par with my older BFS patched
kernel, and shows less jitter! This is with a commandline install of Lucid
Lynx (ubuntu) + x + openbox wm (which is the one I found with the least
jitter).

Framerate is 83300 +- 100 with +- 10 being more common. Very little
jitter, in other words.

Peace Be With You.
Uwaysi Bin Kareem.