SubjectRe: Considerations on sched APIs under RT patch
From
> No, any syscall can end up blocking/scheduling there are no exceptions.
> But blocking doesn't mean its non-deterministic, esp. when coupled with
> things like PI.
>
> But you do have to treat system resources as such, that is they can (and
> will) create cross-cpu dependencies, if you do not take that into
> account you will of course be surprised.

I actually don't understand why do you recall PI so frequently, it
seems to be the unique point of interest.
Actually I take care about not sharing cross-cpu resources, but I
cannot take care of what the kernel should do.
In my viewpoint is unacceptable that the scheduler apis can led into a
rescheduling.
It voids any form of process control.
If I lose the control while controlling other processes, Quis
custodiet ipsos custodes?

P.S. It actually does not happen in other RTOSes, e.g., VxWorks SMP

Primiano,

--
Primiano Tucci
http://www.primianotucci.com

  Last update: 2010-04-21 22:49    [W:0.074 / U:0.068 seconds]