SubjectThreaded irq handler question
From
Hi all,

I have a threaded irq handler attached to a level-triggered gpio
interrupt line. The check handler checks the status of the gpio line
and disables the irq line amd returns WAKE_THREAD in that case:

static irqreturn_t isr_check(int irq, void *p)
{
if (gpio_status()) {
disable_irq_nosync(irq);
return IRQ_WAKE_THREAD;
}

return IRQ_NONE;
}

The thread then does some i2c transactions that will eventually
deassert the gpio line:

static irqreturn_t isr(int irq, void *p)
{
/* do some i2c transfers */
enable_irq(irq);
return IRQ_HANDLED;
}

My problem is that this structure does not work, because once I call
disable_irq_nosync() on the irq in the check handler the thread will
no longer run because the irq is disabled. However if I don't call
disable_irq_nosync() I will get endless irqs because the line is
level-triggered and will not be deasserted until the thread has run.

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

  Last update: 2010-04-21 18:37    [W:0.071 / U:0.120 seconds]