    SubjectRe: USB transfer_buffer allocations on 64bit systems
    From
    On 15 April 2010 16:20, Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
    >
    >> I enabled  CONFIG_DMAR_BROKEN_GFX_WA=y and the result is the same. A
    >> delay in the boot process and usb devices don't work properly,
    >> including my USB mouse.
    >>
    >> Strange, since you have the same platform as me. The extra usb devices
    >> you were seeing are because of my docking station - but it makes no
    >> difference whether I'm docked or not for the purposes of the original
    >> bug or this situation right now. The dmesg I'm attaching is without
    >> the computer being docked.
    >
    > It's not possible to determine the reason for the timeout errors
    > between timestamps 16 and 53 from the small amount of debugging
    > information in the log.  Clearly something is going wrong with the
    > communication between the computer and the EHCI controller.  And
    > clearly the kernel config changes are responsible.
    >
    > But I don't know what to do to track it down any farther.
    >
    > Alan Stern

    I guess this is pretty much a dead end until anyone else can reproduce it!

    I'll continue to use Daniel's patches privately.

    Daniel, should I use the big initial patch or the GFP_DMA one? Which
    one is better for a system which is only rebooted every week or so (I
    usually hibernate)?

    Regards,
    Pedro