SubjectRe: USB transfer_buffer allocations on 64bit systems
From
On 15 April 2010 16:20, Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
>
>> I enabled  CONFIG_DMAR_BROKEN_GFX_WA=y and the result is the same. A
>> delay in the boot process and usb devices don't work properly,
>> including my USB mouse.
>>
>> Strange, since you have the same platform as me. The extra usb devices
>> you were seeing are because of my docking station - but it makes no
>> difference whether I'm docked or not for the purposes of the original
>> bug or this situation right now. The dmesg I'm attaching is without
>> the computer being docked.
>
> It's not possible to determine the reason for the timeout errors
> between timestamps 16 and 53 from the small amount of debugging
> information in the log.  Clearly something is going wrong with the
> communication between the computer and the EHCI controller.  And
> clearly the kernel config changes are responsible.
>
> But I don't know what to do to track it down any farther.
>
> Alan Stern

I guess this is pretty much a dead end until anyone else can reproduce it!

I'll continue to use Daniel's patches privately.

Daniel, should I use the big initial patch or the GFP_DMA one? Which
one is better for a system which is only rebooted every week or so (I
usually hibernate)?

Regards,
Pedro