SubjectRe: open sockets from task_struct
Get the Linux kernel source and look at what the procfs filesystem is
doing to get that information. Look under fs/proc.
fs/proc/base.c(2508) seems to contain the inode structures for
/proc/pid/fd and /proc/pid/fdinfo, locate the inode operations
structure and locate the functions. Drill down through the function
calls and you'll eventually find how to read what
file handles are open. A quick glance tells me that the calls go several
layers deep including a call through a function pointer passed in one of
the parameters, "instantiate", hopefully that won't be a problem for you.