SubjectRe: [Regression, post-rc2] Commit a5ee4eb7541 breaks OpenGL on RS780 (was: Re: Linux 2.6.34-rc3)
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:29:23 -0700 (PDT)
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> >
> > OK, I've verified that partial revert (below) is sufficient.
>
> Hmm. Through the DRM merge I just did, this area actually conflicted, and
> the resolved version is now
>
> if ((rdev->family >= CHIP_RV380) &&
> (!(rdev->flags & RADEON_IS_IGP))) {
>
> which presumably also fixes your issue?
>
> [ Side note: somebody in the DRM tree seems to be way too used to LISP,
> and thinks that adding parenthesis always improves the code ;-]
>
> However, I do suspect that we should probably revert the quirk regardless
> as being useless (ie it probably was related to those IGP chips that
> apparently don't do MSI anyway).
>
> So the patch that reverts the quirk by Clemens (to replace it with
> disabling MSI entirely when the AMD NB doesn't accept them) seems to be a
> good idea regardless, since it's apparently not just about gfx. Jesse?

Yeah, that sounds fine. I can include it in my next pull req or you
can just pick it up directly.

  Last update: 2010-04-02 00:53    [W:0.306 / U:1.352 seconds]