SubjectRe: Upstream first policy

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Sure, there is content security. Nobody disputes that. The security
> decision about how to open a file is about the contents of the file.

Btw, I would also say that content security is generally the _common_
case. So I'm not at all saying that the traditional unix model or the
selinux model is in any way "wrong". Not at all.

It's just that I certainly understand why some people think AppArmor is
more "intuitive". And I think it's directly related to the fact that
sometimes the pathname-based approach is the one that more directly
reflects the particular issue (and people are often happy with the
traditional UNIX semantics for plain inode-based security, so again, it's
not like AppArmor _replaces_ inode-based security, it _extends_ on it).

Linus

  Last update: 2010-03-08 20:19    [W:0.093 / U:0.124 seconds]