    Subject[Q] How to tell we're using the KMS (during suspend/resume) outside the graphics driver
    Date
    Hi,

    For at least two reasons it would be beneficial for some code outisde the
    graphics driver(s) to know if the KMS are used.

    First, in the non-KMS (ie. UMS) case we probably wouldn't want to call
    acpi_video_resume(), because that has a potential to mess up with the GPU
    (it actually is known to do that on at least one system).

    Second, in the KMS case, we'd be able to skip the kernel VT switch, because
    the KMS driver uses its own framebuffer anyway.

    So, is there any reasonable way to check that from the outside of the graphics
    driver? It should be general enough to cover the cases when there are two
    graphics adapters with different drivers in the system and so forth.

    Rafael

      Last update: 2010-03-06 22:35    [W:0.018 / U:1.580 seconds]