    SubjectRe: Please pull logfs tree

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Jörn Engel wrote:
    > 1) pull git://
    > and apply the patch at the bottom yourself.

    Not quite - it needs to be applied while merging, rather than applied
    separately. It's a conflict, even though it's not a data-conflict, but a
    semantic one.

    But that's trivial enough. "git pull --no-commit" + fixup + "git commit"
    is trivially done, now that I was fore-warned. Thanks.

    > 2) pull git://
    > A tree with the patch applied that won't work standalone but will work
    > after being pulled into your tree (tested locally).

    No, that's horrible. Unbisectable. Not that anybody probably cares in this
    case, but it's fundamentally wrong to merge something that doesn't work
    before the merge.

    > 3) pull git://
    > A tree that merged your tree and the logfs tree, then has the patch
    > applied. Works standalone but has an additional merge commit.

    That's ok, but I already did the trivial merge, which actually had another
    conflict too (which showed up as a real data conflict on the Kconfig

      Last update: 2010-03-06 22:29    [W:0.060 / U:0.812 seconds]