    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Ambient Light Sensors subsystem
    On 10 Mar 03, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

    > > I was hoping IIO would fill the niche of framework for generic data
    > > acquisition devices, regardless of how fast or slow they are.
    > We are working on it, but unfortunately the 'fast' end of the scale is
    > making it rather complex beast and there is still a fair bit of work
    > to be done before we suggest merging into the main tree. We allow
    > for 'simple' drivers that do have very similar functionality to ALS as
    > proposed. (i.e. they just handle some sysfs interfaces and device
    > registration).
    >
    > I certainly have no objection to taking light sensors back into IIO.
    > (one never moved out!) Obviously I'll want opinions from the individual

    I suspect you are pointing to the tsl2563 driver here. It's rework (iio->als)
    has been languishing in my tasklist for a couple of months now. I haven't had
    time for testing.

    I guess I'll wait some more to see where this discussion goes.

    Amit Kucheria, Kernel Developer, Verdurent

      Last update: 2010-03-05 08:41    [W:0.033 / U:1.296 seconds]