SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Ambient Light Sensors subsystem
On 10 Mar 03, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

> > I was hoping IIO would fill the niche of framework for generic data
> > acquisition devices, regardless of how fast or slow they are.
> We are working on it, but unfortunately the 'fast' end of the scale is
> making it rather complex beast and there is still a fair bit of work
> to be done before we suggest merging into the main tree. We allow
> for 'simple' drivers that do have very similar functionality to ALS as
> proposed. (i.e. they just handle some sysfs interfaces and device
> registration).
>
> I certainly have no objection to taking light sensors back into IIO.
> (one never moved out!) Obviously I'll want opinions from the individual

I suspect you are pointing to the tsl2563 driver here. It's rework (iio->als)
has been languishing in my tasklist for a couple of months now. I haven't had
time for testing.

I guess I'll wait some more to see where this discussion goes.

Amit Kucheria, Kernel Developer, Verdurent