    Subject[git pull] pull request for writable limits for 2.6.34-rc0
    Hi,

    please pull the writable limits tree below.

    I'm not sure why you didn't pull it in the .33 window. I just guess
    there was no reasoning about why you would do so. So, what are the
    writable limits good for and why we are about to ship it in the next
    Suse enterprise?

    Conceivably, there are companies out there (such as SAP) running their
    large-scale products on Linux and eventually they need to change a limit
    without restarting the service. It is because restarting is not an
    option most of the time. The limits are needed to be changed usually
    because (a) it is not known in advance that some limits will need to
    have a different value; (b) some processes start to crash occasionally.
    In both cases the only necessity is just to change the particular limit
    (core size in case of (b)) in runtime.

    Hence we provide the functionality in the tree below. Opposing to the
    last merge, most of the cleanup stuff was already merged by respective
    maintainers into their trees rather than being here and are on the way
    to you. They are independent of this merge and just ensure that future
    compiler releases won't do weird things with the code.

    ---
    The following changes since commit 64ba9926759792cf7b95f823402e2781edd1b5d4:
    Linus Torvalds (1):
    Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.open-osd.org/linux-open-osd
    are available in the git repository at:

    git://decibel.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/linux writable_limits

    Jiri Slaby (13):
    SECURITY: add task_struct to setrlimit
    core: add task_struct to update_rlimit_cpu
    core: split sys_setrlimit
    core: allow setrlimit to non-current tasks
    core: optimize setrlimit for current task
    FS: proc, switch limits reading to fops
    FS: proc, make limits writable
    core: do security check under task_lock
    core: implement getprlimit and setprlimit syscalls
    compat: use do_setrlimit in compat_sys_setrlimit
    COMPAT: add get/put_compat_rlimit
    x86: add ia32 compat prlimit syscalls
    Documentation: fs/proc, add limits documentation

    Neil Horman (1):
    unistd: add __NR_[get|set]prlimit syscall numbers
    Oleg Nesterov (1):
    sys_setrlimit: make sure ->rlim_max never grows

    Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt | 11 +++
    arch/x86/ia32/ia32entry.S | 2 +
    arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_32.h | 4 +-
    arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_64.h | 4 +
    arch/x86/kernel/syscall_table_32.S | 2 +
    fs/proc/base.c | 101 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
    include/asm-generic/unistd.h | 6 +-
    include/linux/posix-timers.h | 2 +-
    include/linux/resource.h | 2 +
    include/linux/security.h | 9 ++-