    SubjectRe: [git pull] drm request 3

    On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Matthew Garrett wrote:

    > If you'd made it clear that you wanted the interface to be stable
    > before it got merged, I suspect that it simply wouldn't have been merged
    > until the interface was stable.

    What kind of excuse is that? It's "we did bad things, but if we didn't do
    those bad things, we'd have done _other_ bad things"?

    Two wrong choices don't make a right.

    Nobody has even answered me whether this is _forwards_compatible. It
    clearly isn't backwards-compatible. IOW, is there _any_ way to move
    back-and-forth over that commit, even if I can find a new libdrm?

    IOW, we know we have a problem here. But what's the solution? I know I can
    revert it (I tried, I'm running that kernel now, nouveau works). That's
    not a good solution, I know. But can you offer me a _better_ one? One that
    doesn't involve "upgrade all the way to rawhide, and lose the ability to
    bisect anything, or run plain 2.6.33".

    So yes, I'm complaining. But I at least have mentioned one solution. You,
    in contast, are just making excuses with no solutions.

    Linus

      Last update: 2010-03-04 20:17    [W:0.022 / U:117.676 seconds]