    SubjectRe: [patch] slab: add memory hotplug support
    > > The patch looks far more complicated than my simple fix.
    > I wouldn't exactly call the fallback_alloc() games "simple".

    I have to disagree on that. It was the most simple fix I could
    come up with, least intrusive to legacy like slab is.

    > > Is more complicated now better?
    > Heh, heh. You can't post the oops, you don't want to rework your

    The missing oops was about the timer race, not about this one.

    > patches as per review comments, and now you complain about David's
    > patch without one bit of technical content. I'm sorry but I must

    Well sorry I'm just a bit frustrated about the glacial progress on what
    should be relatively straight forward fixes.

    IMHO something like my patch should have gone into .33 and any more
    complicated reworks like this into .34.

    > But anyway, if you have real technical concerns over the patch, please
    > make them known; otherwise I'd much appreciate a Tested-by tag from
    > you for David's patch.

    If it works it would be ok for me. The main concern would be to actually
    get it fixed.

    -- -- Speaking for myself only.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-03-03 15:37    [W:0.020 / U:61.664 seconds]