SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] arch/microblaze fixes for 2.6.34-rc2
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 4:32 PM, John Williams
<john.williams@petalogix.com> wrote:
> Grant,
>
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
>>> Hi Linus,
>>>
>>> Please pull Microblaze changes to your tree. There is support for PCI and
>>> new DMA interface.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Michal
>>
>> Hi Michal.
>>
>> I'm really unimpressed that you've merged the cloned PCI support code
>> when we talked about merging the common powerpc & microblaze bits
>> /before/ pushing it up to mainline.  At the very least I would have
>> expected a reply back from you telling me that you disagree and that
>> you wanted to merge anyway.  I didn't even get a reply back form you
>> when I asked about why the PCI bits were in your linux-next branch.
>>
>> Now it needs to be merged in-place which is a lot more work.
>
> You should blame me for this one.  There was nothing deliberate about
> it - I've been hassling Michal to get the DMA API upstream because
> there's other work that depends on it, and with everything else going
> on I plain forgot that his patchset included the PCI stuff that we
> were still discussing with you.

Blame dutifully assigned.

The next question is how to proceed. I've not gotten to PCI code in
my rework yet, but I probably will in the next month or so. If you or
Michal doesn't get to it first, then I'll probably move the OF
portions of the powerpc version into drivers/of and make them
conditional on !CONFIG_MICROBLAZE. Microblaze adaptations can be
merged in at a later date and the !CONFIG_MICROBLAZE conditional
eventually dropped.

> Let me buy you a beer at ELC and you can berate me for it then!

done.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.