    SubjectRe: [Patch] fix packet loss and massive ping spikes with PPP multi-link
    > We are fully aware that this code is not nearly up for inclusion into
    > the kernel. What we hope to achieve is that someone with the skills to
    > do this properly will introduce an option to turn off fragmentation on
    > PPP multi-link or to just do away with it completely.

    You should be able to manage that I'm sure:

    The main thing will be to take this chunk, strip out the // stuff and
    then make it a function of its own so you've got clean code in the main
    path of the form

    #ifdef CONFIG_PPP_MULTILINK
    if (ml_explode) {
    if (!ppp_mp_explode(...)
    ..
    } else {
    ppp_mp_roundrobin(...)
    }

    and your bits as a new routine. You can then do this

    static int ml_explode = 1;
    module_param(ml_explode, int, 0600);
    MODULE_PARM_DESC(ml_expode, "Set this to zero to disabling multilink \
    fragmentation when talking to cisco devices");

    which will let you load the module with the option ml_explode = 0 if you
    want that property.

    Making it runtime per link selectable would be nicer but thats a bit more
    work.

    Alan

      Last update: 2010-03-26 17:01    [W:4.207 / U:0.108 seconds]