    SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
    On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 06:20:38PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
    > On 03/24/2010 06:17 PM, Joerg Roedel wrote:
    >> But is this not only one entity more for
    >> sVirt to handle? I would leave that decision to the sVirt developers.
    >> Does attaching the same label as for the VM resources mean that root
    >> could not access it anymore?
    >>

    > IIUC processes run under a context, and there's a policy somewhere that
    > tells you which context can access which label (and with what
    > permissions). There was a server on the Internet once that gave you
    > root access and invited you to attack it. No idea if anyone succeeded
    > or not (I got bored after about a minute).
    >
    > So it depends on the policy. If you attach the same label, that means
    > all files with the same label have the same access permissions. I think.

    So if this is true we can introduce a 'trace' label and add all contexts
    that should be allowed to trace to it.
    But we probably should leave the details to the security experts ;-)

    Joerg

      Last update: 2010-03-24 17:33    [W:4.072 / U:0.008 seconds]