    SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
    On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 16:01 +0100, Joerg Roedel wrote:

    > What I meant was: perf-kernel puts the guest-name into every sample and
    > perf-userspace accesses /sys/kvm/guest_name/fs/ later to resolve the
    > symbols. I leave the question of how the guest-fs is exposed to the host
    > out of this discussion. We should discuss this seperatly.

    I'd much prefer a pid like suggested later, keeps the samples smaller.

    But that said, we need guest kernel events like mmap and context
    switches too, otherwise we simply can't make sense of guest userspace
    addresses, we need to know the guest address space layout.

    So aside from a filesystem content, we first need mmap and context
    switch events to find the files we need to access.

    And while I appreciate all the security talk, its basically pointless
    anyway, the host can access it anyway, everybody agrees on that, but
    still you're arguing the case..

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-03-24 17:07    [W:0.020 / U:6.564 seconds]